Each year, the NEA Higher Education Advocate produces “The Special Salary Study” which compares salaries at universities and colleges nationwide to identify salary trends across institutions. The 2016-2017 Faculty Salary Report examines full-time faculty salaries for 9-10 month contracts in 1570 public institutions, with state data grouped by level of degree offered. The full report can be viewed HERE.
Source: NEA Higher Education Advocate, 36(2), PAGE 18
Compared to the other doctoral granting institutions in Florida’s State University system,
- UNF ranks 8th of 10 in average salary for Professors,
- UNF ranks 9th of 10 in average salary for Associate Professors,
- UNF ranks 9th of 10 in average salary for Assistant Professors,
- UNF ranks 10th of 10 in average salary for Instructors, and
- UNF ranks 9th of 10 in overall average salary for full-time faculty.
UNF was the only doctoral granting institution in Florida’s State University system to experience a negative change (-0.1%) in salary from the 2015-16 academic year to the 2016-17 academic year.